Caramoor Opening Concert/20th SeasonConductor: Will Crutchfield
- Angela Meade (winner of both the Metropolitan Opera’s 2012 Beverly Sill Artist Award and the 2011 Richard Tucker Award, as well as a regular at the Met) performed in the Opening Concert as well as Il pirata. (Funny side note, her husband had previously worked with my sister on 2 productions at Long Beach Opera).
Il pirataConductor: Will Crutchfield
- There was no ASM/Intern during the 2017 season to share responsibility, so I managed all classes, rehearsals and both sides of the stage at the same time.
- Review from The New York Times https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/arts/music/opera-review-il-pirata-caramoor-festival.html
Petite messe solennelleConductor: Rachelle Jonck
- The final concert of the 20 years of Bel Canto at Caramoor was conducted by Head Vocal Coach and Assistant Conductor, Rachelle Jonck.
- Young Artists from the past 20 years came back for an encore performance, including Jennifer Rowley, Vanessa Cariddi, Robyn Lamp and Teresa Castillo.
Aureliano in PalmiraConductor: Will Crutchfield
- U.S. premier of the full work; lost in 1813 after its original premier but rediscovered and edited by Will Crutchfield in conjunction with the Rossini Foundation and Ricordi.
- Review from Huffpost http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zealnyc/caramoor-reintroduces-ros_b_11071810.html
FidelioConductor: Pablo Heras-Casado
- My first production with Bel Canto at Caramoor without Will Crutchfield, but rather with the Principal Conductor of Opera St. Lukes, Pablo Heras-Casado.
La favoriteConductor: Will Crutchfield
- My first time doing a show outside/under a tent!
- No paging system, a lot of running back and forth, up and down to dressing rooms.
- Headsets are wired, so in order to call singers to the stage, we had to get off headsets.
- Orchestra St. Luke’s is union.
Dialogues of the CarmelitesDirector: Victoria Crutchfield
Conductor: Will Crutchfield
Costume Designer: Nina Bova
- One of the few productions that was fully staged with props, costumes and minimal set pieces.
- Due to schedule and having an outside venue, we light the entire show from 9 pm to 3 am in 1 night, tech the next day and then opened.
- Deborah Polaski announced her retirement from the stage prior to our final performance.
- Review originally published by The New York Times https://www.caramoor.org/review-dialogues-carmelites-will-crutchfield-finds-beauty-anew/